How to make Frozen Green Beans taste like your Granny cooked them

• on September 3, 2021

I do not always buy frozen green beans but right now that is what I could find in the grocery store. If you are in the same boat this video is for you! I hope you …

Comments

• At first you said it was gonna take a long time ha ha

Donna Jones September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • I made your canned green beans with sugar for dinner last week. My family are not big green bean eaters, but they sure ate every one of your recipe. Thank you!!

Charlene Wolford September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • Going to try this today!

R L Powell September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • Can you use chicken bouillon?

Jen in Jeneral September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • Happy Thanksgiving 🦃..I made these for T-day.. delicious 😋

Shar September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • Tammy, you did a Great job on those green beans!!! They look so Delicious ♡♡♡ Thanks for sharing with us♡♡♡ GOD BLESS Y'ALL FOREVER AND EVER ♡♡♡ Have A Beautiful Blessed Day ♡♡♡ GOD IS SO GOOD♡♡♡

Gemma Avary September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • Aren't you cooking all vitamins out of thoes beans cooking so long?

Marjorie Schuster September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • Ms. Tammy I notice you rinse your vegetables but don't rinse your meat. Why is that?🤔
    As for cooking Green beans well done like you do, my Nanna cooked hers the same way, with a little sugar, salt, pepper and butter. I cook mine the same way, except no salt but with a little broth added and I will also eat them crisp if I make Korean food. Both ways are good 😋

baby shower parker September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • Tammy I made these a few weeks back & everyone loved them, thank you for this recipe!! Thank you Mommas for all your good food!

Genyth Thomas September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • I always put a little minced onion in my green beans,canned or frozen,it makes a big difference.thank you Tammy.

Peggy Henson September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • I bet better bouillon would be great in this too

Mo Swiney September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • I never ever thought of nor heard of putting sugar in green beans

Susan Anderson September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • Oh, yum!!! I can smell them just thinking about them!!! I'd give anything to have American produce again…fresh, frozen or canned! There is absolutely nothing that compares in the UK.

Glenna Cordill September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • Tammy, since those cook about an hour, do you add any water during the cooking process?? Thank you! Love watching you and listening to you!!❤🙏

Kim Honeycutt September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • Yes, beef bouillon or beef broth helps with frozen or metal canned beens.

Alan Denniston September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • I'm making a BIG pot of these green beans tomorrow. Practically the same recipe as yours. I cook a huge amount because I even eat the leftovers cold!! That's the kind of girl I am!! Stay home and stay well. Have a happy and blessed Easter!

patricia haskins September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • Yum! Never thought (or heard) to add some sugar! I am going to try this tomorrow for Easter dinner. I cook my beans with a little diced onion, chicken bouillon or broth, and ham or bacon.
    New subscriber and love your videos! Your cooking brings back fond memories of my maw maw! Thank you and happy Easter!

Amy Higg September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • I love you

marcy maybe September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • I cook mine similarly, but have never added sugar when I cook them down at the end. I'll have to try that!

Deborah Edwards September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • Sounds yummy!!! How would you adapt this for canned green beans?

Aubrey Stalcup September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • Yum! ❤️

Patriot 219 September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • My Grandmother always said, Cook em to death & put a good scald on em! I even cook my green beans this way before I assemble my green bean casserole.

Tammy Walton September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • Very similar to how my mom cooked green beans. Delicious!

1aikane September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • This brought back recent memories & old ones. My grandmother after I moved out of the house knew I loved her green beans & potatoes, she brought me a pot full (the only parents I had was grandma & mom), and I was forced to share.
    I don’t get to see my mother but maybe every 2 years, was there in September for a month visit(a long one because I missed her so much), but she put on a huge pot of these with potatoes, and that’s all my sister, mom, and myself ate for supper(by choice). When something’s good that’s all you want.

Connie Miller September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • We cook once eat on it for days . Had shucked beans last two days with roast from Schwan's , mashed potatoes , corn bread.

Wilma Burr Gooch Rockstar September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • I don't like frozen either. My roommate frozen fresh ones one year and when we cooked them I couldn't hardly stand to eat them but didn't want to hurt his feelings.

Becky Hines September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • Add more bacon! LoL. Sorry. For me I'll put them in a Crock-Pot with some "trodders." That's Tennessee for pig feet. LoL.. I can hear the kool-aid man(grape kool-aid 4 sho) saying. "Oh Yeah! LoL

Jason Mack September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • So interesting video and nice food

FUN Crafts September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • Never thought to add a little sugar gonna try that another good tip thanks

Jackie Hoyle September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • Lookin’ good!

Lisa Martin September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • I never liked frozen green beans or even canned for that matter but cooking them correctly is the key. This will come in handy when I have to freeze all the green beans that I planted. Thanks Tammy. Happy Easter and stay safe.

Pamela Parsons September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • Yum yum yum

STAR MAMA September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • yum!! frozen beans taste like rubber to me but maybe this way they're better have to try this thx for sharing.

Barb Hambly September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • Grannies across our beautiful world always cooked the way that best suited them and their families. My dear old grandmother always cooked her green beans, fresh , frozen or canned by a very simple method: fry some diced onions, add a rasher or two of chopped bacon, toss in the beans, cover the pot and let them simmer in their own juice until done. Yes, they were always delicious! When the noon whistle blew she put out a nice hot lunch for my Grandpa every day. I remember it now as a feast in a way, because she always made hot biscuits and put out lots of condiments. I was just a kid then. It was the main meal of the day for them.

Kendal Weaver September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • Lol, Where we cook like Momma did❤ I cant hear you say that enough❤ I'm so glad I found you on utube. You remind me and take me back to when I would spend summers with my Aunt Jeanette which we called, Nettie. She has gone on to her Heathenly Home now but when I hear you talk, it's like she is in the room. Thankyou for that❤

MaryAnne Deering September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • i think my mama pressure cooked her fresh beans. she added onion, fat back and taters. amazing.

Faith Walker September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply

Dawn Hess September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • best green beans are Half Runners, good show Tammy

Bonnie Brown September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply
  • That's the way I do my green beans and they're really goid

Tiffany Stephens September 3, 2021 2:07 pm Reply