Easy Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff – Dump and Go Recipe – Perfect for Beginners (Slow Cooker TOO!)

• on September 18, 2021

Ready for a fast Instant Pot Recipe? I have the solution for dinner tonight! This Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff is SO easy and doesn’t take long from start to finish!

Comments

• If you are still monitoring this thread/or not 🙂 it is indicative of your content that it is probably timeless.
    So Second of Six many thanks for this to use up some Stewing beef and some (cannot remember what I got it for) Cream.
    I knew I had seen it in your content somewhere so hunted it down. Thanks.

James Goacher September 18, 2021 6:18 pm Reply
  • I'd use garlic powder instead of garlic salt…too much salt isn't good for anyone.

Libby Hardel September 18, 2021 6:18 pm Reply
  • I followed link recipe and it was wayyyy to much for my instant pot. It also called for apple juice which the video did not. What did I do wrong? was that the correct recipe in link?

Tammi Ware September 18, 2021 6:18 pm Reply
  • Do you have a printable version of this recipe?

Mark Shields September 18, 2021 6:18 pm Reply
  • I didn't have flour and I substituted greek yogurt for sour cream. Bout to find out… I will let y'all know.

Jessica Roberts September 18, 2021 6:18 pm Reply
  • Anybody have a bad experience with their Instapot the first time they used it, and are now totally paranoid about using it again? It all looks so easy but it’s not, what do I do?

jennifersman September 18, 2021 6:18 pm Reply
  • How much stew meat do I need?

Shana Kisel September 18, 2021 6:18 pm Reply
  • Do you put the pressure on low, med, high? I didn't see that in the recipe

Glenn Miller September 18, 2021 6:18 pm Reply
  • OMG this was sooooo simple and delish to make. I didn’t have fresh onion so I used onion powder and I didn’t have sour cream so I just used garlic butter that we had in the fridge. The 16 oz of noodles was a bit much so I did end up adding an extra cup of broth. Perfect perfect perfect!!! Def will be a repeat dish!!

Funtube September 18, 2021 6:18 pm Reply
  • So good!! I had to improvise since I had no fresh mushrooms, I used canned. also had no beef broth so I used beef bullion in a jar, and used elbow macaroni instead of egg noodle. But I also didn’t add any flour. And threw in a bay leaf with the elbow macaroni. The meat came out so tender! Thank you for a delicious recipe

Alla sirosh September 18, 2021 6:18 pm Reply
  • My favorite dish thank you

Sarah Renee September 18, 2021 6:18 pm Reply
  • I love your recipes so much! They are so easy and affordable…thank you. I made the Hawaiian meatballs day before yesterday and my husband was like “ you need to put these in the rotation, they are BOMB” I wholeheartedly agree. I am making the Swedish meatballs as we speak! I am going to try the Hawaiian with chicken too.

Patricia Shaw September 18, 2021 6:18 pm Reply
  • Made this beef stroganoff tonight and it was very tasty!

Mike Jacobs September 18, 2021 6:18 pm Reply
  • Can i use rice instead of noodles??

Kimberly Rourk September 18, 2021 6:18 pm Reply
  • Amazing recipe!! Thank you so much for one of my New favorite dinner's!!

Lion Soul Homestead September 18, 2021 6:18 pm Reply
  • Ummm good!

Gary Hill September 18, 2021 6:18 pm Reply
  • is there a printable copy of this recipe ?

Amy Bennett September 18, 2021 6:18 pm Reply
  • I want to make this tonight but now I'm afraid of getting that darn burn error after saute beef and onions

Christina L September 18, 2021 6:18 pm Reply
  • If you don't add mushrooms yu are making beef tips and noodles not Beef Stroganoff. Just a little fact.

Christine Cuneo September 18, 2021 6:18 pm Reply
  • You've said in other videos to cook chicken for 20 mins, and if it's frozen to cook for 25 mins. But your cheat sheet says only 10 mins? eek, I"m new and confused. What do I do? TIA Kathryn

Kathryn McMurray September 18, 2021 6:18 pm Reply
  • I need that cheat sheet for times. thought it was linked in description/notes?

Barks JOHNSON September 18, 2021 6:18 pm Reply
  • I just bought a Duo Evo Plus and heard that the times are different, is this true?

Phillip Carden September 18, 2021 6:18 pm Reply
  • I've used my instant pot twice now so I don't consider myself a professional First time I just did frozen vegetables, something easy, granted, and they tasted fine. Even left them on warming for a short time to see if they'd get to soft or lose flavor, they ended up fine. This is while I was using the stove to cook other things. Next I tried this recipe, I was only cooking for 2 adults, one being 94 years old and myself. Her only comment was it was bland and missed flavor. Now don't forget I was trying to take your recipe down to two people which I read somewhere pasta is 2 ounces per person so I divided everything by 4 since yours was 12 ounces to start with. So I'm not sure if I was exact in my divided and measuring based on your video. Next for some reason I had to cook the egg pasta for 12, not 4 and I'm not sure why. I did the 4 minutes 3 times to get it cooked, and maybe could have gone 1 more round of 4. There was no burn and I did add more liquid thinking I hadn't added enough. I believe I used 6 ounces of broth, instead of 3 cups, since I was cooking for 2. Thanks for the videos though, they are helping me understand this appliance.

Rick Seens September 18, 2021 6:18 pm Reply
  • Not sure what I did wrong but I followed your video and the stroganoff had way too much liquid when it was finished. I tried adding cornstarch to thicken it but still had to remove a cup and a half of the juices to get it to the consistency it needed to be at.

T E September 18, 2021 6:18 pm Reply
  • Video says to add 3 cups of beef broth but web recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups. Am I seeing this inaccurately?

I am an old guy trying to learn “how to” cook for myself and immune suppressed adult daughter as she lives with me to “quaranteam”. Bought an InstantPot after stumbling onto your channel – but having no experience, not clear as to which approach I should use…..

Thank you.

born2bWildNE September 18, 2021 6:18 pm Reply
  • I made this last night and my husband is still raving about it! I've made beef stroganoff using different recipes many times before but this one "hit the spot". Thank you!

S. Cole September 18, 2021 6:18 pm Reply
  • I made this last night for dinner and Kristin you were right, it was amazing. We all had seconds lol. Best beef Stroganoff I have ever made. The noodles cooked up perfectly as well, the sauce was nice and thick. Def going to a weekly dinner meal. Best part is I made from scratch beef Stroganoff in about an hour. I love all your videos and thanks to you and your videos I am not afraid of my instant pot (at first I was lol )

Karen Webster September 18, 2021 6:18 pm Reply
  • Do you just add less liquid if you want to serve with rice instead of pasta? Thank you for posting! One of the only recipes that doesn't have mushroom soup in it – we don't really use soup like that here in the UK? 😅😅

Jade September 18, 2021 6:18 pm Reply
  • Just made this! Amazing. First time cooking pasta in the instant pot and your timing was bang on!
    I made a few changes…I sautéed the onion with olive oil along with 1 cup of beef broth, 1 packet of onion soup mix, 1 teaspoon of paprika, 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon of black pepper, 1 1/2 teaspoons of minced garlic and 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire. Then I added the beef and cooked for a few minutes. Followed your recipe until the pasta was added…and added a can of condensed Cream of Mushroom soup. When finished cooking I added 1 cup of sour cream. DELISH!!!!!

Mslivestrongforlife September 18, 2021 6:18 pm Reply