1 Week of Meals @ The Dollar Tree, Save Money – Beat Inflation – Eat on A Budget

• on May 5, 2022

Cooking on a Budget – Cook Like Mama Did – Collard Valley Cooks One Week of Meals from The Dollar Tree! This is going to …

Comments

• Like your ideas sometimes dollar tree has waffle fries. They have frozen strawberries and other fruit that I make into smoothies and frozen shrimp ( I mix that with knorrs fettuccine side and some broccoli. You could also make sweet n sour meatballs with grape jelly or cranberry sauce and chili sauce

bryan stein May 5, 2022 6:46 am Reply
  • Very good ideas. 👍 Thank you.

bobbi conner May 5, 2022 6:46 am Reply
  • I love your videos Tammy. I'm glad I found this channel. It is comforting to me.

Overcast Daze May 5, 2022 6:46 am Reply
  • Great suggestions Wonderful

Victoria Bright May 5, 2022 6:46 am Reply
  • Dollar Tree has dried beans,too.

Mother Twinkles May 5, 2022 6:46 am Reply
  • I take advantage of the $5 off $25 at Dollar General & Family Dollar. I also like the Shop & Earn at Food Lion.

Mother Twinkles May 5, 2022 6:46 am Reply
  • Great ideas.

Mother Twinkles May 5, 2022 6:46 am Reply
  • good tips

phyllis mulkey May 5, 2022 6:46 am Reply
  • Absolutely outstanding way to help us all. We need more practical thinking like you provide! Bravo…..Tammy. Thank you so much.

Elinor Dashwood May 5, 2022 6:46 am Reply
  • ❤️

You Know Me May 5, 2022 6:46 am Reply
  • Ok ✅ this was a great idea WE THE PEOPLE THANK YOU

QBeeBianka Wallace May 5, 2022 6:46 am Reply
  • This was awesome thanks for sharing!

Mina King May 5, 2022 6:46 am Reply
  • What a great idea, some people are just learning, hard feeding a family today. It will be interesting to see what you come up with. How I remember hard times and no money, those days have passed and I, like you can make a meal out of anything, and just have a knack for putting things together. This will help a lot of people. Sad thing is when my husband and I married, I stocked a whole kitchen, soup to nuts with about $100 and that included meat.

Henry Cooks May 5, 2022 6:46 am Reply
  • I don't ever shop a Dollar Tree.

Susie Sobush May 5, 2022 6:46 am Reply
  • Love your videos! Please do not store your cooking spray by heating source or flames! This product is combustible and is very dangerous by your stove!! Thank you, Kimberly your concerned YouTube fan!

kimm maknerhof May 5, 2022 6:46 am Reply
  • Thanks Tammy appreciate your help. I do shop dollar general once in a while. But will go again and try to plan a meal or two.

Frank Scarborough May 5, 2022 6:46 am Reply
  • Great video Tammy! Now to make the videos with the food!

Stacey Williams May 5, 2022 6:46 am Reply
  • Another way to save money grow vegetables. Garden. That helps with vegetables.
    Look into getting side of beef. Or share a side of beef if you can’t a Afford a full side of beef.
    I buy from our local grocery store in our small town of 1,300 chicken and bone in pork chops and pork steak when they mark it way down which is every now and then. If it’s a good deal.
    I love dollar tree for somethings.

Debbie altman May 5, 2022 6:46 am Reply
  • Just watched the video you made, you put alot of thought and time into making the meals and a great video. This is one of the best 👌 meals on a budget I've seen since inflation prices 😍 👌 👏 🙌 ❤🙏👍
    I will pass this video along to others. ✝️

Dottie A. May 5, 2022 6:46 am Reply
  • I’m a senior lady who lives alone. I put 1/4 of a bag of dried beans into my crockpot and have eaten lunch and dinner for 3 days. That’s 6 meals for pennies.

Cathy Brown May 5, 2022 6:46 am Reply
  • Tammy, I'm sure someone will jump you on the heavy white carbs, but if you have no money, you need to eat what you can afford.

This is a true story. When I was a kid one of my friends had 9 brothers and sisters plus her parents. They lived in a 2 bedroom house. Their basement was sets of bunk beds and they had one bathroom. The Dad worked and the Mom was at home. They were the nicest people. She told me that they had the same meal on the same week night. Tuna casserole with peas was Monday. One night was hot dogs and beans and one weekend night was hot dogs and potato salad. They had one car a VW bus. I use to play at their house on a lot of Saturdays. Her Dad always went to the grocery store Saturday afternoon. All the older kids went with him and I would, too. Then on the way back, they'd drop me off at my house. When hot dogs, tuna, noodles, was on sale, he'd call the store and buy cases. We'd get there, shop for a few things and then the store would bring all the boxes of hot dogs or cans of tuna to the loading dock and we kids would fill the bus. Then he'd buy hostess cup cakes and cut them in half and we'd all get a half, for helping out. We always had fun. They never went on vacation. He would take old bikes and repair them and give them to the kids as birthday presents. All their clothes were from yard sales. They made every dollar count but they loved each other. So your cost effective dinners brought back those memories of the Smith family and a tear to my eye. Even then, it made me thankful for the nice chicken dinners and roasts we had on the weekend.

I'm so glad you made this video because there are people out there just trying to get by. The art of being cheap is looked down on now and the art of eating cheaply has been replaced by going to McDonald's. Nothing brings a family together than by eating together. We even ate lunch together on the weekends.

My Dad didn't come to the dinner table only once, when called, that I could remember because he wanted to finish something he was doing. My Mom waited 15 minutes, then we sat down ate. she put all the food away and cleaned up. My Dad came in and said where's supper? She said it was over and if he wanted to eat he could get the cold leftovers out of the fridge and warm them up but he better wash every utensil and plate he used and leave the kitchen spotless. He did, my Mom didn't speak to him for 3 days and he never was late for supper again. 🤣

She said I put work into every meal and I won't be disrespected that my work isn't valuable. (people wonder where I get my attitude! 😄)

Leah Whiteley May 5, 2022 6:46 am Reply
  • Tammy, this video was great! Ive been cooking about 60 years and still learn tips and suggestions from you. I’ve never really looked at food items at Dollar Tree or DG other than snacks. But I’m all about saving money, especially as a retiree. We should all be setting aside meal items for when grocery store shelves are not well stocked. Thanks for your ideas!

Barbara Williams May 5, 2022 6:46 am Reply
  • Absolutely amazing….

Wynona Windsor May 5, 2022 6:46 am Reply
  • Great job Tammy! I hope some community centers will show this video to help those in need. ♥️💕❤️

Cindy Burstein May 5, 2022 6:46 am Reply
  • What a wonderful video. Lots of ideas. TY
    Do Aldi's next, please.

Connie Wilson May 5, 2022 6:46 am Reply
  • This video was helpful. We are seniors living on SS & for the first time in decades we are eating budget meals & scrimping. My MIL lives with us also & has a big appetite, actually eating enough for 2 people. I prepare meals that we feed 4 people even though there are only 3 of us.

ShelbyLynn Williams May 5, 2022 6:46 am Reply
  • This is excellent news!

Lindee Hopkins May 5, 2022 6:46 am Reply
  • LOVE THIS!!!

Lisa Klander May 5, 2022 6:46 am Reply
  • Wow!

Robbie Evans May 5, 2022 6:46 am Reply
  • I can't thank you enough for this video. Times are tough right now, and every penny counts. Can't wait to see the cooking videos for these budget items.

Sarah Ussery May 5, 2022 6:46 am Reply