Granny's Old Fashioned Chocolate Cream Pie, CVC's Holiday Baking

• on May 13, 2022

Granny’s Stovetop Chocolate Cream Pie, CVC”s Shortcut Hack Recipe. This is the original recipe that my Granny Benefield made …

Comments

• I have a 90 year old friend and chocolate pie is her fave. I've been looking at recipes and decided on one, until I saw yours. Never used microwave. But I'm going to try it because I can only stand short periods of time. I let you know how it turns out. Ty

Car Bar22 May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • Going to make for my husband love your show, God Bless you both

Debbie Cross May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • I made this as directed but it was lumpy what did I do wrong?

Tammie Sinack May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • How much sugar did you put in the Meringue and how many eggs yolks for the pudding..??

Grama Pam May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • I LOVE THIS CHOC PIE RECIPE! I’ve made 4 yesterday!

Marilyn Jones May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • I just made this chocolate pie. It is delicious! Should I refrigerate?

Joyce Matthews May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • 9:34
    How long did you beat your meringue?
    Approximately?

Judi Christopher May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • OH MY GOSH… Miss Tammy…
    This is the Very BEST Video I have ever seen on the subject of Chocolate Cream Pie… I have even had my own Restaurant called "Mama's Kitchen Restaurant" Made everything from scratch, it almost killed me..
    (the reason I had to put "Restaurant" on the sign… everyone thought it was just a cafe at first… a little redundant I know… but what I was getting to… is I have learn so much from you in this video… Using the Microwave… I didn't know you could do that…
    What a Blessing… "Praise the Lord"…
    Seriously, I wouldn't even begin to make this pie, because I was afraid of scorching it…
    Thank you so much for sharing this fantastic, delicious, video. "Yum"
    You are such a Blessing…

Judi Christopher May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • Could you make this using home made oat milk ?

Jan Materanek May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • Do you add the merengue while the pudding is still hot?

Unclerojelio May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • I love this pie.🙏🏻❤️🙏🏻

Debbie May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • Who knew? I’ve never done egg whites like that on low with the sugar added! I will from now on! Excellent Tutorial ❤️

VHD May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • Do you have to let the pudding cool in the crust b4 you put the meringue on top?

Denise Dale May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • My PawPaw used to tease us, calling meringue "calf slobber". I think he was reassuring himself the opportunity to eat the rest of the pie all by himself! 😂

Louisiana Lady May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • Wonder can you make all pudding pies in the microwave? This looks so easy and really good! Thank you for sharing your recipe with us Miss Tammy!

Gina Sellers May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • I've been using the microwave to make my pies for years!! So much easier.

Joy Anders May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • That is my favorite pie.

Pamela Pelech May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • Your Grandma didn't have a microwave?

Chrystal Snow May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • I don't have a microwave.

Lady Hawk May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • Gonna make this

Dottie Dillard May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • yummy and so easy

Brenda Little May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • Tammy I think you are precious! I made this for Thanksgiving and it was wonderdul. I have a question though. Can you use whole milk, half & half, or heavy dipping cream? Or just one cup of one of one of these with the 1 cup of evaporated milk? How would it microwave, and do you know how it would chance the texture? Thank you so much..

kim grant May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • Thank you for sharing this. I tried it tonight and it was wonderful!

Kamice Harris May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • I tried this and everything was good until I pulled it out the oven. As it cool I noticed liquid it was so watering under the meringue. My pie crust was wet and the pudding. What did I do wrong?

crystal bowie May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • Do you prefer granulated sugar or powdered sugar in your meringue?

Laurie dugan May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • AMAZING THANKS YOU GOODNESS 🌟❤️🖤💚🤎 FAMILY DAPHNE COTTON ALWAYS 💜 AWESOME BEAUTIFUL ✨ CHOCOLATE PIE,

Daphne Rodriguez May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • I love your idea of cooking the pudding in the microwave. Great way to prevent scorching! I've heard that using powdered sugar in meringue prevents weeping, but I've never tried it. Do you know if that works? I could eat a big slice of your pie right now!

Tom Wyant May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • I love your videos Tammy! I have never made a good pie in my life but I have now made this one and your lemon meringue and they were really good! thank you!

Mitch Morris May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • If I want to make the pudding without making the meringue, how many whole eggs would I use in the pudding instead of just using the yolks.

Donna Gribbins May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • Making my first microwave pudding pie! So far so good! I’ve never made meringue. Thanks for your recipes and the shortcuts! Still homemade! 💛

Melanie Rodgers May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • I made this yesterday and it was delicious. First time to ever use the microwave for a pie. My meringue looked so pretty. Thank you, for the video.

Kathryn Reed May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • I'm new to this channel but I'm loving it and Tammy's recipes! I was wondering if there was a variation of this recipe that included a whipped cream topping instead of meringue or am I thinking of a different pie altogether? Thank you and please continue your wonderful show.

Tina May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • Mmmmmmm

Lucia Briseno May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • What is the plastic bottles in the back of your basket stack ?

Victoria Miranda May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • Just made today. Sooo delicious! I ran out of evaporated milk so made my own and it turned out perfect. Our grandchildren are going to love this. A good recipe for making pudding cups too! Love your recipes Tammy ❤

Cay Tabbi May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • I just made this for my grandkids but put it in cups with Oreo crumbs on the bottom and whipped cream on top. It was lovely and the microwave made it so much better. Wow! What a time saver that was. I have a question. If i use this for pudding can i just put the whole eggs inside instead of saving the whites?

Felicias.journey May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • Loved this recipe made it and chess pie worked out perfect used whole can of milk I had used. I have 1 question my meringue shrunk around the edges when it cooled. What did I do?? Any ideas.

Fading Dandelion May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • I could stir malted milk powder well with the dry ingredients for a chocolate malted milk pie.

Marans Candy May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • I made this in the microwave yesterday and could not believe how easy it was. It turned out "GREAT" my husband loves it. Thanks for sharing 🙂

Priscillla Miller May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • Try Icing Sugar For Your Egg Whites

MGTOW P.L. May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • Watching all your videos. You cook just like me — love it! New sub ❤️

BIG RED ASMR May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • Yummy ! Will make this over the Christmas Holidays too : ) + the Lemon one … : )
    Once it's all baked, I'm assuming it does not have to go into the fridge – correct ?
    Thanks for sharing : )

Cindy Glass May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • Hi Tammy! Girl, you are an absolute artist with your merenge and all your icings! This pie is the example of what a pie should look like. Thank you for sharing and teaching. BTW, what is the difference between flavoring and extract? I never knew there was a difference. 🙂

Princess Skate May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • I can't wait to make that pie! I asked my girls to get me your cookbooks for Christmas. Can't wait for Christmas! 😁💖

Glenda Hawkins May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • Hey Tammy!! I have a question. I'm going to make this pie without the meringue and I was wondering if I still bake the pie with the filling or do I just refrigerate after I fill it? Thank you so much!! I love your videos!!

Summer Wells May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING..
    I hope someday i can afford your cookbook. And hopefully maybe a hoodie it gets cold up here in Michigan. But do u have aprons that seems to be the thing im into these days..lol

Pamela Martinez May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • Hey Tammy. Just discovered your channel about a month ago. Love Love the way you cook "Just like my mommy did " too!
    This method is so much easier instead of stirring and stirring.

Now you need to do a Carmel Pie!! Yummy. You may already have one that I haven't run across yet.
    God Bless you and your family!! 🙏🏻

The Hotone1 May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply
  • Hi Tammy!!! Since I am fairly new to your channel I looked this up. This is my Grandsons fav pie. Im going to suprise him one day and take it to his house!!! Great recipe. A fan&friend. DiDi

Diane C. May 13, 2022 12:29 am Reply