How to feed Plecos

• on June 10, 2022

How to feed plecos. See what I feed my Ancistrus plecostomus in my fish room. What kinds of fresh veggies can you feed your …

Comments

• Green beans are great. They are the first food that i have actually been able to witness my pleco eat, besides him grazing the glass/rocks. Your video might have saved his life, or at least saved my peace of mind. +1

CRC Aqua June 10, 2022 3:06 pm Reply
  • I have a huge pleco, I dont know if I'm feeding him enough how much do you feed big common plecos?

Dikface Ur June 10, 2022 3:06 pm Reply
  • tonight my foot long common pleco died… belly got bloated in hours and then dead, while other bristle nose's are breading a lot and live happy. i had him for 1.5y no problem in 6foot tank that is mainly designed for plecos/ big pleco with many large enough hiding spots. driftwood was included, died of different vegetables, combinated in different times and main high quality wafers… where did i do wrong or what happend. as before he died he tried to push hims self out water.

Unk-KG June 10, 2022 3:06 pm Reply
  • Why do you put a fork in your tank?

susanlizotte albert June 10, 2022 3:06 pm Reply
  • what sucks is that you bought imported green beans at god knows what carbon cost. Buy local bro, even if it costs 20 cents more.

bartymurns June 10, 2022 3:06 pm Reply
  • Can a pleco be put with chiclid fries

michael greene June 10, 2022 3:06 pm Reply
  • I talk to much

Ireland🇮🇪 June 10, 2022 3:06 pm Reply
  • What about the seeds????? I've been rinsing and separating the seeds because I'm afraid they will get caught up in my filters. But now I'm wondering if they will eat them, too? Am I wasting my time AND depriving them?

Leslie Perry June 10, 2022 3:06 pm Reply
  • Just want to know what type of plecos everybody has!

I have a gold nugget pleco😄

Irvin Anguiano June 10, 2022 3:06 pm Reply
  • Xtreme aquatic foods

kealee giese June 10, 2022 3:06 pm Reply
  • Oh! And XtReme has sinking pellets that all my bottom feeders are obsessed with. The "scrapers". If u havent seen those yet! The guys with the awesome fish farm created them. Dang I can't remember where they are now. I saved their video somewhere lol. They're somewhere warm.

kealee giese June 10, 2022 3:06 pm Reply
  • I thought u were supposed to cook veggies first. So I blanched my carrot rounds. And put them in the tank. All it did was kill all of my shrimp! I don't want to do that again. Maybe carrot was bad news. I bought organic too lol

kealee giese June 10, 2022 3:06 pm Reply
  • What size tanks are your BN pelcos in?

morgan jeanne June 10, 2022 3:06 pm Reply
  • I've always heard and seen to NEVER use green beans with added salt..

Maybe because I have mystery snails as well??

Would it still be safe to use salted green beans even with the snails??

Also, should I rinse the green beans off first??
    Great video!! Thanks!!

jasmine steffey June 10, 2022 3:06 pm Reply
  • Our Percy Pleco just got a treat. He was on fresh blanched green beans like flies on poop! He's about 8 inches now.

Southpaw Crochet with Katie June 10, 2022 3:06 pm Reply
  • So what’s up with the fork in the tanks? Is it something useful to do or did they drop by mistake and you haven’t got them out yet. Thanks in advance .

DL Myth June 10, 2022 3:06 pm Reply
  • wow how many plecos are in each tank?

Aquariums Maintained By Andy June 10, 2022 3:06 pm Reply
  • Them Plecos love Shrimp they grow pretty fast also…

Jonathan Sanchez June 10, 2022 3:06 pm Reply
  • I have a little pleco. Will he eat the green beans too? Should I split the green bean so it's easier for the little guy?

Felicia Briand June 10, 2022 3:06 pm Reply
  • Do you take the green beans out if they aren’t eaten within a certain timeframe?

Sandra Parker June 10, 2022 3:06 pm Reply
  • You know you can also consume those instead of tossing them and are delicious when properly prepared.

Zone07 June 10, 2022 3:06 pm Reply
  • I rescued two common plecos from a coworker who had them in a 20-gallon tank… For some reason, they have ignored my rapashy, peeled pees, cucumber, etc. because he only fed them fish flakes (ugh)… But they do seem to be active and happy and loving the larger tank I have them in! I have hope they will begin eating soon! Yes, I know they're nocturnal. Great vid! EDIT: Will try green beans!

Mr. Vaden June 10, 2022 3:06 pm Reply
  • Those long finned spotted ones are pretty, but they aren't green dragons

Andrea Losinger June 10, 2022 3:06 pm Reply
  • Also I just tried the green beans and as usual the koi just devoured it and the pleco just swims around. Think he will be okay?

Enjoying Life! June 10, 2022 3:06 pm Reply
  • ?? I have a problem when trying to feed pleco because he is in the tank with 4 koi fish and anything that hits the water they after it. I even try feeding koi on one side and drop wafers on other side but I have a 10’ koi and he spots wafer and swallows hold. I tried cucumbers the other day and the koi devoured that as well. Any suggestions?? Thanks!

Enjoying Life! June 10, 2022 3:06 pm Reply
  • I cannot get mine to eat green beans or zucchini. But, I blanched some broccoli and they are loving it. The corys like it too. 👏

Nextdoor Aquatics June 10, 2022 3:06 pm Reply
  • Hi Michael, I honestly thought that you was pulling our leg's about the FRENCH BEAN'S! But I gave them a try…. Wooooooah how wrong was I!!! If my Pleco can get past my Goldfish and Platys he love's them and so does everything else in my tank! No exaggeration I started by just putting one French Bean in the tank expecting just the Pleco would be tempted by it… all of my fish attacked it and it was gone in less than 30 seconds! That's after feeding Daphnia, Flakes, pellets for the fish they had a good 10 minutes of eating before I introduced the French Bean! So I put 4 of the beans in… and again the fish went crazy on them! My Pleco didn't move a whisker lol… I ended up putting 10 beans in the tank and everytime the fish which are mainly 2" long fancy Goldfish and 3 half grown Platys. They love the bean's, both myself & my wife were gobsmacked at the reaction from the other fish! I have since learned to put about a dozen beans in, then my Pleco claims one and won't move until he's had enough! The rest of the bean's are soon snaffled up by his tank mates, and they even try to get the bean that the Pleco is eating but he just gives his tail a quick swish and the fish scarper lol. I know one thing that we will be buying if they have them at our COSTCOS lol… if not it will have to be the smaller tins from Asdas.
    One QUESTION… Can fish suffer from flatulence? I'm sure I can see the odd couple of bubbles escaping from my Black Moors nether region!
    Apologies for my lengthy feedback, take care my friend 👍😷👍

Andrew Smith June 10, 2022 3:06 pm Reply
  • Why do you have a fork in each tank?

Nikki Wells June 10, 2022 3:06 pm Reply
  • Do you do anything to the green beans or j open the can and throw some green beans in there?

Derek Shumer June 10, 2022 3:06 pm Reply
  • I feed my fish every other day, should I feed them more often? I have two plecos, two Cory catfish, 4 African Dwarf frogs, 4 neon tetra, a betta, a clan of cherry and Amani shrinp and 6 other fish. How often should I feed them?

Gotta Cache ‘em All! June 10, 2022 3:06 pm Reply
  • Thank you, learned allot!! trying to help my granddaughter with her plecoS

Andrea Williams June 10, 2022 3:06 pm Reply
  • What are those objects you have in tank that they swim in for cover

Patricia robinson June 10, 2022 3:06 pm Reply
  • at the beginning, you said that you don’t go though the beans before they go bad…you could put half in a ziplock bag and freeze them and then just thaw what you need so you’re using all of it…i do that with the veggies i feed my freshwater fish

julianna June 10, 2022 3:06 pm Reply
  • how long do you preseed the filters? Would that work with bag of bio rings too?

Pa. Fish Preacher June 10, 2022 3:06 pm Reply
  • I only have the one pleco for now.. Should I only feed her 2 pieces once a day or 2 pieces the 3 times I feed my fish??

Tiffany Ralph June 10, 2022 3:06 pm Reply