How to Make Bulletproof Coffee in the Woods

• on June 11, 2022

In this video I share how to make “bulletproof coffee” while in the woods.

Comments

• I use a mason jar as a shaker to emulsify and add a bit of Himalaya salt and heavy cream sometimes. If your not carb loading your diet you should easily make it to lunch without a meal with a cup of BPC in the morning. Take it easy with MCT oil at first as it can upset your stomach.

Tx Rob June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • I make one each morning and froth in Blendtec. Acquired taste vs standard coffeecream. Its lighter and delicious. Definately add good quality MCT oil.

Aurora Nite June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • where can I find a coffee kit like you have, pot, mixer, etc.?

Lyle Butkowski June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • i feel like i was listening to the Joe Rogan experience

CatatonicLover June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • Interesting variation on coffee. As a fellow black coffee drinker, definitely going to give this one a try. ATVB from sunny Malaysia 🏕🇲🇾😷

Razif Mahathir June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • Great video! Love the taste of BPC and was wondering how to do it for travel. Have just lost 12 lbs after 3 mos on and off keto w 2 BP coffees to start every day. Agree re mental clarity too! Thanks again 🙏😎

orso735 June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • Mark thanks for this, now I know how to froth while camping….I always just stirred and dealt with it. Been a BP coffee user for over 10 years, excellent way to go, especially as a long term keto person. To truly understand the why’s and benefits find Dr Ken Berry or Dr sten ekbergs keto videos on the subject. They probably explain it best.

Michael Dobbs June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • i use coconut oil, cocoa nib powder, cinnamon and cayenne mixed together in my coffee. i read that the Mayan kings did this – if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me! it tastes wonderful! cinnamon also balances glucose in the blood and cayenne is invigorating and enhances the cocoa.

Ms.Docileone June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • This sounds instinctively unpalatable, but I'm old enough to know that it probably tastes fantastic based on logic alone. I haven't heard of it, made it or tasted it but I'm definitely giving it a try today in the comfort of my own kitchen using my french press. I'll make also make some for my coffee- addicted daughter, although I'll let her try it before actually telling her what's in it. 😃 Cheers Mark. By the way, have you ever tried Yerba Mate? I started drinking it when I lived in Latin America a few years ago. Still drink it. Yerba Mate also has coffee-like properties. Easy to make, convenient for camping trips and great a great grassy/earthy taste.

D G June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • isn't this a lapland saami thing?

Paul B June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • I have received comments of concern that I am advocating a drink that is dangerous to your health. In the context of a ketogenic diet, bullet proof coffee is not only safe but recommended to assist with fasting. Outside of a ketogenic diet, bullet proof coffee is safe if consumed occasionally when extra energy is desired. Bullet proof coffee should not be consumed with sugar

Mark Young June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • I find your videos both.entertaining and informative. And certainly respect you and your opinions. This video could promote an unhealthy drink for your viewers.

Pedal PA June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • i prefer italian espresso, but american coffee is a good alternative in the cold morning, but without butter.👍

Emiliano Roma June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • Interesting, learn something everyday Mark!

Stoney A.K.A. James June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • What brand of hat are you wearing? I would like to buy one.

David IsHere June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • We do the same but add a dash of maple syrup. Great on our KETO diet

Tina Deutsch June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • Never had this 1 YET ! Thanks For This Mark ! ATB T God Bless

Terry W. Milburn June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • Never heard of BPC. Interesting recipe, though. What I often do for morning coffee is that mixing coffee with cinnamon and turmeric. Either boil or drip together; adding powders to coffee makes them float. Thanks for sharing!☕

Halabuji Outdoors 하라부지 어디가요 June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • I've been researching cowboy coffee. I've seen sooo many different ways. One guy was swinging the coffee pot around his head forcing the grounds to the bottom!. Lol.
    Some people put the coffee in before boiling. Others after boiling water. Some while boiling. Does all this really make a difference?

North wind June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • I have had it but was but was too far off the beaten trail in my morning routine. Like a science project for breakfast. Taste? Ok but oily if you didn't drink it fast.

North wind June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • Lol, while it could be life saving I couldn’t help think about seeing a Cafe’ sign in the middle of the woods featuring “Bullet Proof Coffee.”

Lol, especially with those of us missing taking a walk to Cafe’s for coffees, but now require social distancing…

Harvey Carroll, Jr. June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • True bulletproof coffee also contains MCL oil, or cold pressed coconut oil.

mrwes100 June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • I have heard rumors that BuletproofCoffee was invented by Russian soldiers in WWII to be able to take in enough calories in Siberia and extremely cold regions. Thanks for the video buddy

Sir Dee June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • Oh, yeah, there is one more person who drinks coffee with butter. Homer Simpson.

Jongjoo Rhee June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • The one dislike thought that the coffee was actually going to be bulletproof

Rossski June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • Are you doing keto mark? Lol

subaru forester506 June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • A lot of people drink bullet proof coffee on ketogenic diet. Which I've done on and off for 4 years

subaru forester506 June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • What is the red thing on your cup?

Russell Lieser June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • Great video. Thanks for the science. Love learning. I think I might try it.

Russell Lieser June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • Yes, I’ve had BPC from time to time, but I usually add a teaspoon of cinnamon as extra flavoring. Sometimes 1/2 tsp cocoa and 1/2 tsp cinnamon with a dash of cayenne pepper. And, on special occasions a jigger of Crown Royale, for medicinal purposes. 😉

Harry Ewasiuk June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • I had some years back when a bunch of Scout Leaders went on a Scout less Camp (no youth), It was made like yours with the addition of Honey and Rum. I did enjoy it very much.

steamboatmodel June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • Mark, hope all is well with you. Please see my recent comments in your Kieth stove complete review. Re: my use of the Toaks siphon stove in the Kieth. A pleasant surprise! Robert Shirley

Robert Shirley June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • Try your best to use grassfed butter. You can also use coconut oil. Such a great way to get a few extra calories in for backpacking!

Journey to Wellness with Deborah June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • Cool, I’m gonna try that one.

Randal June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • Have not, sounds quite interesting 🤠

Herb Smith June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • I also enjoy putting a tablespoon of cocoa powder in my bullet proof coffee. I had not thought of using the french press to "froth" and make BPC in the woods. I should have thought of it since I have used a french press to froth milk for coffee. Anyway I have not made my cup of coffee for the afternoon and your video has inspired me to make BPC today for a change as I also enjoy the taste of BPC. Thumbs up on the video.

Far North Bushcraft And Survival June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • I'm an occasional decaf drinker. I also have a small USB blender (car camper) 🙂

TRAY- B June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • Sounds good , thanks for sharing, God bless !

Michael 58 June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • I am gonna use a small electric beater thingie used to froth up hot mink for latte. You can find it in a dollar store for a couple of bucks.

Jongjoo Rhee June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • Hello, Mark. I have tried butter with coffee after watching a TV series 'Quarry'. No MCT though. Actually liked it, and I drink it once in a while. Now I am gonna get some MCT and make myself some gee (spelling is not my strong suit). Great info, Mark. Good to know I am not the only weirdo drinks coffee with butter.

Jongjoo Rhee June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • Mark … Never tried bulletproof coffee; I will after the next time I shop at a larger community grocery store. I just don’t have access to ghee and MCT; also, I DO. drink my coffee with sugar and creamer; my family says I like a little coffee with my cream and sugar. That said, I’m gonna try it this summer and I’ll let you know how I like it. Great content; better video; enjoyed it immensely!!! Me and mine wish you and yours all things great and good; take care, be safe, all my best and God bless!!!! Chuck Knight from Buffalo, Texas, USA. 🤠🐩🖖✝️🙏

Charles Knight June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • Okay. Just had my first cup of bulletproof coffee. I think I am in love. Thanks for the introduction.

Richard Brown June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • Nope, I like my coffee black and that’s it 😊

Marc Calvert June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • Potatoes GOOD 🥔

Alaska Jack June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • You know those metal mixed drink shakers that bar tenders use to shake cocktails. I bet that would work well. Put your butter and coffee in and shake the heck out of it. 😁👍 Drink your bullet proof coffee like James Bond. Shaken, not stirred. Lol! 😂

TL freeland June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • I know what it is but have never made it. Tempted to now 😂

alf3553 June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply
  • I just woke up. I'm going to make some right now.

RIZE 2012 June 11, 2022 4:26 pm Reply