Goumi | One of the Best Fruits you MUST Grow

• on June 13, 2022

To all the foodies out there, this is one of the best tasting fruits you can grow in many areas of the country with EASE. And the only …

Comments

• A word of caution: Goumi Berry isn't currently listed as an invasive, but it's already been found in the wild in 12 states, and a number of other species in the same genus (Elaeagnus) have become extremely invasive. Invasive species don't always seem invasive at first, but as time goes on and as more people plant them they can end up becoming a huge problem. I personally would not recommend planting it.

Bad Drivers of Columbus, Georgia June 13, 2022 5:18 am Reply
  • May I know what state you are growing them in and will they grow in North central Texas like in the Dallas Fort Worth area. Also where can i buy these trees / plants and how long they take to start yielding. Any Health benefits?

cook master June 13, 2022 5:18 am Reply
  • I first heard of these from Stefan Sobkowiak and found some seeds that germinated. Then my puppies found them and wrecked the seed tray. Next time I’ll buy a bush and plant it in my food forest. I’m anxious to try some. Thanks for reminding me about them.

Rinjani Ranch June 13, 2022 5:18 am Reply
  • Find flavor to be similar to Autumn Olive but 4 times the size. On the tart side but delicious to my taste. I have a Sweet Scarlet and Red Gem.

Jeff Ferris June 13, 2022 5:18 am Reply
  • Do you know if this fruit can grow in South Florida? Im in zone 10B just 45 minutes from the Keys.

Maria Serra -Queenmeetsgreen June 13, 2022 5:18 am Reply
  • Been growing based on your recommendation. Thank you! I hunted down the variety you have and it was worth it.

Justin Gianni June 13, 2022 5:18 am Reply
  • I have two goumi (one is a Sweet Scarlet) and both fruited for the first time this year. I was so excited, but the fruits were so astringent no matter how long I left them to ripen. Could it be too hot where I am in 8b?

Jami Delgado June 13, 2022 5:18 am Reply
  • How do you like to propagate them? Do you put them in water or do you place them directly in soil? I have a sweet Scarlet.

Monica de la Rosa June 13, 2022 5:18 am Reply
  • I planted two bushes in my backyard a few years ago based on your recommendation and this is the first year they produced any fruit and I’m loving them. I even like the seeds. Thanks for the good advice!

Kim Ellis June 13, 2022 5:18 am Reply
  • what's your variety?

mikzn June 13, 2022 5:18 am Reply
  • I really don't think "goumi" has anything at all to do with gummy bear candy, which was only invented in 1981, while goumi fruit has been around for hundreds of years.

coop June 13, 2022 5:18 am Reply
  • Are these the same as Autumn Olives?

Paul Dougherty June 13, 2022 5:18 am Reply
  • Wow, Ross IRIE and "Clickbaity" the pic of the Goumi berries! Clicked on your COOL video the moment I saw the brilliant, shiny Goumi berries, but before reading the title I thought is this a variety of cranberry? Can't be Goji berry because the spelling is different, yeah that Goumi plant is loaded, lucky you good buddy, basically just standing/sitting there eating Goumi berries to your heart's content! And since you have an abundance, your idea of dehydrating some to have natural gummy bears during winter is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing Ross, 👍and greetings👋from central Mexico!🍒

Joe Serrano June 13, 2022 5:18 am Reply
  • que vom.monster encantan tus videos. Bendiciones hermosa Celina que Dios te cuide donde quiera los mortalesu abian apreciado tan hermosa mujer

Elena Frank June 13, 2022 5:18 am Reply
  • After 2 years in the ground, my tillamooks are loaded. Can’t wait to try goumi for the first time!

xSolo D June 13, 2022 5:18 am Reply
  • I am in love with these Goumi berries also! Unfortunately for me I have killed two Tillamook before I found out for some reason they have difficulty in most of my yard. I do have a Sweet Scarlet doing really well and I moved a Red Gem last fall just in time to save it I believe.
    Eventually I will give Carmine or a Tillamook another try. I too stand by the bush eating dozens of the berries marveling the whole time at how much I love the complex flavors each berry has 😋

Food Forest Retirement June 13, 2022 5:18 am Reply
  • Can’t find plants anywhere at the moment.

Ian Walker June 13, 2022 5:18 am Reply