Detroit Style Pizza | Some of the best pizza you didn't know you've had before | The Full Measure

• on June 16, 2022

You’ve had Detroit style pizza. Maybe you didn’t know it but you have. Crispy cheese around the crust. Fluffy and soft bread.

Comments

• Have you had Detroit Style Pizza before? Where is your favorite Slice from? What toppings do you go for?

Michael Martin June 16, 2022 8:58 am Reply
  • The original – home of deep dish – https://www.buddyspizza.com/

Pete Daniels June 16, 2022 8:58 am Reply
  • Great video! Going to make Detroit pizza tonight. Hope you bring back the full measure series.

Scotty E from the A June 16, 2022 8:58 am Reply
  • i enjoyed this video. thank you for making it.

David Morales June 16, 2022 8:58 am Reply
  • Bro any tips on growing your hair without tangles? Your hair is slammin!

Jovel Williams June 16, 2022 8:58 am Reply
  • Love the video and format! I just watched this after making J Kenji Lopez-Alt's Foolproof Pan Pizza for the first time. That's my first time making pizza from scratch before, so I haven't made the detroit style one. Turned out well thankfully. I'm a big fan of Detroit-Style pan pizza; any thoughts on the differences between this recipe and the Lopez-Alt pan pizza? They seemed pretty similar with the fluffy chewy dough and the crispy edges, so I'm not sure what would be different if I sought out brick cheese or the detroit style pan.

Mark Camenzind June 16, 2022 8:58 am Reply
  • YYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS! PIZZA!

Kyle Kelley June 16, 2022 8:58 am Reply
  • People don't redistribute the pepperoni on their frozen pizzas? But, but, then they aren't evenly spread out and some of the pieces might not have much if any pepperoni!

Casey Reyner June 16, 2022 8:58 am Reply
  • When your in Detroit this is all you eat

n0realreason June 16, 2022 8:58 am Reply
  • How about brownies? I've yet to have a homemade from scratch brownie that is better than what comes from a box! The chocolate isn't right or the texture isn't right.

Rhonda Lane June 16, 2022 8:58 am Reply
  • Also, fried chicken as an episode! I love it, but it is so much work and never feels worth it to me, but maybe that'll change!

Thomas Worden June 16, 2022 8:58 am Reply
  • Detroit style is so good! I wish there was a way to make the dough without a stand mixer, but if you can buy dough somewhere, it's definitely worth it. I love the crispy edges

Thomas Worden June 16, 2022 8:58 am Reply
  • Thanks for the link to the pan + cheese. I hail from the 313 area code and since moving out west, I've been craving this pizza!

gunbuster88 June 16, 2022 8:58 am Reply
  • Woah, had no idea that there was such a thing as Detroit pizza. The rectangular shape kind of reminds me of the Pizza Hut Bigfoot pizza from the 90s! So cool to see the full measure version come together in just a few hours. Have you tried the no knead bread method for pizza dough? It results in an incredibly flavorful and yeasty dough that works great for pan pizzas. Thanks for another great video!

Straight Up Eats - Amazing Asian Recipes June 16, 2022 8:58 am Reply
  • I might just have to make this for dinner.

Wolfhound180 June 16, 2022 8:58 am Reply
  • What is the size of your pan? I have a 12" square, 3" deep cake pan I got for lasagna (it makes SO MUCH LASAGNA) that would probably work but I would have to scale the recipe (probably up).

PK Sullivan June 16, 2022 8:58 am Reply
  • I too have always redistributed my pepperoni.

maglen69 June 16, 2022 8:58 am Reply
  • That simple sauce is so good.

David Higgins June 16, 2022 8:58 am Reply
  • All of these pizzas look amazing, even the frozen one! Where I'm from, there are basically two options for pizza style: American (Domino's, Pizza Hut, etc.) or Italian (sit down pizza restaurants). One day I'd love to try an authentic new york slice, or a chicago deep dish pizza as well!

Great tip on getting a kitchen scale too, I can't imagine cooking without one. I think that cups and spoons have their place, often they can be quicker and easier to use, but when precision is necessary you really can't beat weighing the ingredients.

Great video as always!

Faithra June 16, 2022 8:58 am Reply
  • Can you make tacos a
    also love your video bye great job

Christopher Raymundo-vega June 16, 2022 8:58 am Reply