WHAT I ATE TODAY ✦ EASY PLANT-BASED MEALS

• on June 16, 2022

E B O O K: ☆ H E L L O W O R K O U T B U D D I E S ☆ Good morning Workout Buddies.

Comments

• Everything happens for a reason…I could not follow along for the past few weeks, I picked up where I had left off and this video could not have come at a better time for me. I needed the support you shared at the end about being vegan. I went through the same thing in the last few weeks I had 5 non vegan guest stay with me…and the questions… " where do you get your protein from, you know you should eat everything in moderation" etc…watching them prepare and cook meat in my kitchen was heart breaking, or hearing "I'll eat whatever you make as long as it's not that tofu stuff!! I had a great time, but hard at times…I get you!

SweetCompany Of 4 June 16, 2022 11:08 pm Reply
  • You look the same girl! So beautiful. Your grandma is the best for sure. So sweet. Thanks for the videos. I'm catching up from being on vacation with family in maryland. Montana is beautiful. And what a house. Tell Alex heyyyy boi hey!!! Lmao! Huge fan. Love Tia

TIA Mcneely June 16, 2022 11:08 pm Reply
  • chronic illness is definitely kicking my butt today. love watching your videos these days especially for more inspo. love you and thank you for doing what you do.

Sarah Veley June 16, 2022 11:08 pm Reply
  • Girl, I'm not vegan but vegetarian and people still don't get it. I tell people I don't eat meat at all and I always get the response of "but do you eat chicken or fish?" 🤦

Amber Joy June 16, 2022 11:08 pm Reply
  • The misconceptions about veganism are just so hilarious. I think sharing with your family more about your health could really help support you. 🙂 It's so beautiful what you have done for yourself girly!!!

Marina from Soul in the Raw June 16, 2022 11:08 pm Reply
  • You're so incredibly spot on… with the vegan thing… it seems so foreign to so many but I think what's interesting.. is there's been many times I wasn't drinking water.. getting my veggies in etc and no one cares about that lol but when you eat on a certain plan.. it's like whoa.. they have all these thoughts and want to hang onto their comforts. Admire your confidence and understanding with them though. I think you have the right idea.. keep it in perspective but don't change what is right for you to make everyone else comfortable.

Kathleen Hawkins June 16, 2022 11:08 pm Reply
  • nice eye make up today.. and your grandma seems so sweet and also pretty. ive been watching your videos for about a year? feels like i know you . work out buddy!

Michelle Carr June 16, 2022 11:08 pm Reply
  • This was an AMAZING video. Thank you!!!!

B Fwanks June 16, 2022 11:08 pm Reply
  • I love when you play music in your vlogs. The finger picking guitar is my favorite!!!

Seri Singh June 16, 2022 11:08 pm Reply
  • Hey Danna. Enjoy your videos with your family. If this is a touchy subject I apologize, but you never speak of your mom. Just curious what your relationship is with her as I’m a mom of 3 adult girls.💕

Laurie Waite June 16, 2022 11:08 pm Reply
  • P.S. I knew the song you were about to play after about 4 notes! (I grew up in the 60s.)

Robyn McCarthy June 16, 2022 11:08 pm Reply
  • YES! So true what you said about being vegan amongst those who are not! At least my husband, sister and four children understand (even though they are all not in VT as my husband and I are), but a lot of my friends respond as you mentioned. ("At least it LOOKS good!") I too feel great, as I approach my 50th high school reunion in June!!! I wish I had known about veganism (and in particular, mostly raw), but I have been mostly raw vegan for over four years now. I LOVE your videos – they keep me motivated. Thanks!!!

Robyn McCarthy June 16, 2022 11:08 pm Reply
  • Danna! I wished we lived closer so we could be besties. Internet hugs 🤗 Holler if you ever make it over to NorCal.

Lemon Lindsay June 16, 2022 11:08 pm Reply
  • No way, I dyed my hair to be in The King and I, too!!!

Michelle Perry-Weidner June 16, 2022 11:08 pm Reply
  • Are your parents divorced?

Taylor Marz June 16, 2022 11:08 pm Reply
  • Today was my daughters 6th birthday and I got her a guitar. She loves it and we jammed all night and wrote parts of a couple songs. We are going to be getting her some lessons soon! Love your videos!

Meg Al June 16, 2022 11:08 pm Reply
  • It’s actually so interesting to see the life of a YouTuber (especially vegan) not in LA!

Noelle Olivia June 16, 2022 11:08 pm Reply
  • Where is Alex's twin?

Jes June 16, 2022 11:08 pm Reply
  • well spoken at the end!

Kristine L June 16, 2022 11:08 pm Reply
  • Preach! My non vegan family just doesn’t get it either🙄. God bless them, I have had some say well can you at least just eat this weekend ( like what I eat isn’t food🤨) or they will say hey would you like some chicken while laughing as though I would think they are funny. A few of them have tried vegan but couldn’t stick to it. With the lack of support I have flopped back and forth between vegetarian and vegan but I’m happy to say I’m back on the vegan train🤗. What you said really struck me…. I have used the lack of support as an excuse to eat dairy. No more, it’s all on me! I still don’t have my goals yet six weeks in but I did print off calendar pages and got stickers for working out and eating healthy vegan. Three days strong, but we have to start somewhere 😊. Thanks so much for all you do you beautiful lady😘

Mandee Flyingout June 16, 2022 11:08 pm Reply
  • I loved the workout video. I did the abs part twice so far.

Richele Ferrara June 16, 2022 11:08 pm Reply
  • Oh girl. I felt that vegan chat on a soul level, lol. I'm constantly having to explain that gluten free is not the same as being vegan. They literally have nothing to do with each other and I don't understand why that is confusinggggg. You're not alone <3

Cory Lane June 16, 2022 11:08 pm Reply
  • You look amazing and you are an inspiration.

Kim Reed June 16, 2022 11:08 pm Reply
  • Exactly what you said about always having to explain yourself…or how bout those that try and tell you that you need meat and dairy to be healthy. Just gets old talking about it..so I hear ya

K Mcy June 16, 2022 11:08 pm Reply
  • I understand getting upset with relatives like that.  But then you have to remember all the nonsense "health" advice they grew up with. From the USDA Food Triangle saying your whole diet should be based on bread and cereal (and to avoid even healthy fat).  To those "Milk does a body good" ads in the 90's.  Even the updated USDA "Choose My Plate" still lists dairy as an essential part of your diet.  Not to mention still lists grains as necessary.

Nicole G June 16, 2022 11:08 pm Reply
  • Beautiful house and beautiful grandma! I have visited my dad and usually take or buy my own food when im up there. He lives in Helena( they have really good health food stores there). I was eating a really healthy meal once with beans and was told I needed to eat some protein and maybe that would help my health issues. I said " beans have protein". They disagreed, but I just left it there. I know eating a whole food vegan diet is so worth it! While I'm not healed yet, I do notice a difference if I eat something processed. Its not worth it.

Kathy Stoner June 16, 2022 11:08 pm Reply
  • That rant was spot on 😂 we spent Thanksgiving with my in laws who kept trying to slip my kids turkey when I wasn’t looking. They’re concerned that they’re not getting enough protein being vegan so they feel completely justified 😬😬🙃

Mareah Smith June 16, 2022 11:08 pm Reply
  • Black bird is my grandma's song, it brings me to tears every time. So beautiful thank you ❤

Laura Wallace June 16, 2022 11:08 pm Reply
  • Thank you Danna for posting everyday! I don't comment on every video but please know these videos are inspiring me to get into better shape and health.

The Rogovs June 16, 2022 11:08 pm Reply
  • You look great. I've been plant based for about 4 years and I love it wish I had started when I was much younger.

Sherley's Real Life June 16, 2022 11:08 pm Reply
  • Since one of your goals is to get ready every day you should do a speed through of you doing your makeup! I know a lot of us would love to see it

MsAnnabanana26 June 16, 2022 11:08 pm Reply
  • Big Pinochle fan here! 🙋🏻‍♀️

Enjoy Life June 16, 2022 11:08 pm Reply
  • You handled the family mealtime situation in such a healthy way. This time of year can be a little tricky. I hope no one said anything to make you feel bad about trying to live a life without chronic pain, because that is what you are doing. You are also making a choice not to kill animals and help the environment. As well as, inspiring the rest of us to live in more humane and healthy way by sharing your videos. Thank you!

Jennifer Dreisbach June 16, 2022 11:08 pm Reply